Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Turn, Turn, Turn

I can't believe that summer is almost over! I'm not looking forward to Barry going back to school or for the cold weather to come. But luckily there are plenty of good things to look forward to.

This week is our last week in our 1 bedroom apartment!!! I am so excited to move. For those of you who don't know yet we are buying a house in Sugar City, ID. It's a couple miles north of Rexburg. It is so perfect for us...and really it was a small miracle that we even found it. We have a realtor, but I was looking through all the old posts on craigslist for homes for sale, because we weren't really finding much in our price range. I found this home, and the owner took us out to see it. He told us that it had just fallen through with another buyer a couple of days before, and that there was another interested cash buyer coming on Monday to sign. We were so devestated. We thought about putting in a bid for a little higher than they were asking to beat out the cash buyer but decided we would just wait and see what happened. A couple of days later the owners contacted our realtor and said the cash buyer fell through, so we should go ahead and put in a bid! We couldn't belive it! Needless to say they accepted, and we are set to close on Friday. This is a picture the owners sent us...I will post more once we move in.


My mom came to visit last week. It was so good to see her. We went to the playmill in west yellowstone to see Beauty and the Beast to celebrate her birthday and also Rachel's mom's birthday who was also in town visiting. The performance was really good: I definitely recommend it.

We also went to Bear World. I had gone once before a long time ago, and it wasn't too exciting. This time we were pretty lucky, because we got right behind a guided tour bus that had loads of bread that the people were able to throw out for the bears to eat. So we were able to see a lot of the bears up close and personal.

As we entered the park we rolled the window down to hand the lady our tickets, and she specifically told us to make sure we kept our windows up at all times. Well just our luck the window got stuck right as we passed through the gate, and we couldn't get it up. I almost died laughing! No worries after a few tries it finally went up all the way.


Other highlights from the summer....


We watched the fireworks in Rigby for the 4th of July.



Menan Days...




We have loved going to the park and playing frisbee. I think Barry is just glad that he found a sport that I will actually play with him.
We were able to get some family pictures taken. Barry's boss's wife took a photography class, and is trying to make a business out of it. She needed some practice, so we were able to get them done for free!: And of course we had no problems with her taking the pictures. These are some of our favorites:

Warren is rolling all over the place now. We'll find him completely out of his blanket in the mornings on his tummy with his bum up in the air trying to move around. He is such a little wiggle worm always trying to grab at things. He has also started scratching surfaces. I think he likes the sound it makes. He still loves sucking his thumb and splashing in the water. I will put him in the sink at night and let him kick his legs. He can make some pretty big splashes!


We love this grumpy face he makes....It's so cute!! But all in all it's been a pretty good summer. For Labor Day weekend we are going up to Island Park for the Christensen Family Reunion. We are pretty excited about that. Barry will have that whole week off. Woo hoo!!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to see some up dates. Really cute pictures. Would love to see a piture of the 3 Warrens LOL
    Have fun at the Christensen reuion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family pictures. They are so cute. I also love the pics you put at the end of the post. Warren is such a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Warren is getting so big! And your family pics are awesome! My favorite one is of Warren smiling. Adorable! Can't wait to see everyone at the fam reunion! :D

    ReplyDelete