Thursday, September 30, 2010

6 Month Mark!


I didn't want to let this day pass by without wishing Warren a Happy Half Birthday! Don't worry I won't do this every year, but I feel like everything that happens the first year is something to celebrate!! So today Warren is 6 months old!

He can sit up on his own pretty well now. Which makes it so much easier to go to the grocery store, because he can sit in the shopping cart. Hallelujah!!!

He drools so much and soaks through all of his clothes that we have to keep a bib on him at all times. But the bib always manages to get all turned around, so he looks like 'super' baby!








He's been helping Barry out lately with his homework.


So he started doing this a few weeks ago. If we leave the room while he is in his bouncer he manages to turn himself around on his belly and push himself down. It's funny, because he seems to get stuck half way and doesn't know quite how to get himself out . And we can always tell when he's up to this mischief, because he gets really quiet...which is totally out of character for him these days.

He had an ear infection a week or so ago, and we've had to give him some antibiotics with a little dropper every 8 hours for 10 days. This wouldn't have been such a big deal except he sleeps for about 12 hours now, so I've been getting up at 3 am and sneaking into his room to give him his medicine. For the first little bit I was so nervous about waking him up I put a cloth over my head and snuck around his crib to make sure if he woke up he wouldn't see me. I knew if he saw me there was no way he would go back to sleep. I'm sure I was quite the sight, but it was totally worth it because he never woke up.
Last night was the last night and when my alarm went off I was so out of it! I woke up so delirious, and then I kept losing my balance. It was so weird...I couldn't get my legs to work quite right: I almost died laughing. Oh man am I glad that's over with!!!!

Anyways the past 6 months have definitely been life-changing. I'll be the first to admit that it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. It's been hard adjusting to being a 'mom'. I can't just hop in the car anymore and go wherever and whenever. Eating a meal seems impossible at times. And let's not forget the spit-up and poopy diapers (nuff said).
But before you think I hate being a mom let me redeem myself: I love when he cuddles with me. I love when he laughs. I love when he smiles. I love when he smiles because he sees my face. I love seeing him learn new things. I love reading to him. I love singing to him. I love looking at him while he's asleep. I love when he sticks his tongue out. I love when he sucks his thumb. I love taking walks with him. I love that the first sounds he's put together are mmm-umm-mma.

I Love you Warren!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I love that I can totally picture your midnight meds routine, LOL! Oh, the crazy things we do to keep babies asleep...and what a cutie this one is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy half Birthday (a little late). Sorry I've been really behind on reading peoples blogs. That was fun to read. It's funny how quiet kids can be when they are up to no good. :) He is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete