The Daily Routine
We find that instead o
f having Warren fit into our 'schedule' we are fitting into his 'schedule'. He is still eating about every 2 1/2 hours, but he is staying awake during the day more and more. It has been fun to watch him play. He is currently working on strengthening his neck muscles (he's got to...i mean check out the size of his head!), kicking his legs, and he keeps trying to roll over. He also loves to look at lights. I've noticed that his legs are starting to straighten out. It's so cute...I will hold him up, and he will press his feet on the ground and step like he is walking.
We've had to formula feed him instead of nursing, because of my lack
of milk. It has been a little bit of a bummer, since formula is so expensive and his stomach has had a hard time digesting it. Last week he just cried and cried...it was so horrible! He was pretty constipated, so I took him to the doctor: She suggested switching to a sensitive formula that is easier to breakdown, and it has been working out fairly well. Thank goodness!!
For some reason I thought that we could make the trip to Win
co and back without any problems. Oh boy was I wrong. He made the car ride there just fine, but as soon we got there he wanted out of his carrier. So I got him out and carried him around the whole time. I could empty the grocery cart with him in my arms just fine, but I had to put him back in the carrier while I bagged the groceries. He just cried and cried...and then cried a good portion of the way home. Poor guy...it was the longest car ride of both of our lives!
Next time Barry is going to Winco, and I'll stay home.
It's definitely much easier to just stay home than pack him around. I just need to find things now to do around the house t
o make my time more productive. I bought a sling to wear that Warren seems to like. We've been taking walks during the day while the weather has been nice. I also used it last weekend when I went with my sister-n-law, Rachel, and the kids to the Rexburg Farmer's Market. He just zonked out.
This weekend will be Warren's baby blessing. We are excited to have all of our family in town. Barry is of course planning a dirt-biking trip with his brothers, and I am looking forward to spending time with my mom.
He's too adorable!! Those adjustments are pretty tough, huh? That cute little face must make it easier, though :)!
ReplyDeleteHe is super cute. I think that he gets his big head from the Christensens. All of my kids had big heads infact Alex's head would measure two weeks further along than his body so when he came out it was bigger than his body and people at church would say to a friend of mine is there something wrong with him look at his head. She would tell them no he just has a big head.
ReplyDeleteHe is getting so big! I remember getting up the courage to take Easton out and then totally regretting it because he cried the whole time! Its so stressful. Don't worry it gets easier. If you ever want someone to come along let me know. I just went there today! Well I'm excited for the blessing this weekend!
ReplyDeleteSam, I feel for you. It's no fun to have a crying baby in the backseat while you drive and can simply do pretty much nothing about it. It's literally heartbreaking :( Sometimes, I feel SO tempted to pull over and hold him for a little while...the car mirror we invested in helped quite a bit because he could look at himself for entertainment and I could see him through my mirror to make sure he was okay.
ReplyDelete