But now that I have a baby I have been informed that it has become a definite must-have!
On March 30, 2010 our baby was born! His name is Warren Barry Christensen (named after his great-grandpa Warren Newton Shelton pictured below).
I don't know what it was exactly but after that I was so nauseated! I threw up 3 times... and all I had had to eat was some grape juice and a little bit of jello. What made it worse was that I couldn't get up at all because of the epidural. The first time there wasn't a bucket anywhere around, and it just came up without anywhere to go except all over me. Barry thought it was hysterical. I'll admit I was laughing the first time, but I was definitely not laughing by the third time!
At about 5 pm I was ready to start pushing. By then I had a slight fever and the baby's heart rate had gone up a little. The doctor was getting concerned and told me that we needed to get the baby out right away which meant there was a good chance we would have to do an emergency c-section. That was not what I wanted to hear! I pushed with everything I had to get
Having a baby has been better and harder than I had ever imagined. He eats about every 2 hours (yes even at night). Sometimes in the middle of the night or I guess early morning when I am feeding him I begin to wonder if I am ever going to get a full night's sleep again. It's not looking promising... But when I look down at that precious face my heart just melts, and I can't help but squeeze him a little tighter and kiss him on the head! I LOVE him so much!
Barry has been so awesome at helping, and it has been fun to watch him play and care for the baby. He is still working full-time, picked up at class this semester, and is trying to get his own business up and going. Although he is already exhausted, he is always trying to find I didn't realize how long this post was, so just to wrap things up here are some more pictures...because really that's what everyone loves the most anyways.



What a great job you did. I love reading as much as seeing pictures. I also thinks its a bummer when people don't keep up their blog.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see your first entree. Keep up the good work. Tears came to my eyes seeing Dad and little Warren. You'll going to have to get second generation Warren so you have all three Warrens hehehe
Congrats again Sam! You and Barry have the cutest little boy! I promise the sleep will come:) I couldn't believe it would ever happen either...but at two months I was starting to get about 5 or 6 hours at night:) yay! Good luck with everything and call if you ever need anything at all! I'm just around the corner...
ReplyDeleteCute! I am so glad that you made a blog. If you need my address to my blog let me know.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on such a beautiful and healthy baby you gave birth to.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything is going well with you and your family.
He is soooooo adorable.
I really wanna see him!!
miss you sooooooooo much <3
Fern
What a great entry! I have added you to my Google Reader. Your baby is absolutely handsome and I can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Im so glad you have a blog. Berry said Warren is a chunky baby! Those ones are the best! We should get together soon, I feel like its been ages. I hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteLacey