I have found that not updating the blog is the same reason I never write in my journal. I go for long periods of time without writing, and then I feel overwhelmed thinking about all the stuff I need to write about to catch up and don't end up doing it at all!
We had a great Thanksgiving with the Christensen's. It's always fun to get together with the family. All the food was delicious! I went a little crazy with the pies though. Originally I was only planning on making a peanut butter/chocolate pie and a pecan pie, but my family always has tons of pies on Thanksgiving. So I was worried there wasn't going to be enough pie: I volunteered for 2 more pumpkin, and I also decided to make cherry pie. I don't know what I was thinking! I didn't have a pie crust recipe, so I found a couple of different ones online to try out. The first 2 were pretty disgusting! I still can't figure out how they got such high ratings. Luckily the one I used for the pecan and cherry tasted pretty good. I was pretty panicked after the first two failures.
Barry's brother brought up his Kinect for everyone to play. It was so fun. I never thought playing video games would make your whole body sore the day after. Here is a pic of his parents boxing each other. I'm sure they will be thrilled that I am posting this:

A couple of weeks ago I helped throw a baby shower for one of my sister-in-laws. I was so excited to make the invitations! I also found a site online that listed step-by-step directions on how to make a fruit bouquet. It was so simple...actually the hardest part was hunting down the strawberries. Luckily Barry was able to find me some, although they were definitely on the pricey side.


I have really been getting into crafty projects lately. It's nice because they keep me busy! I just finished some cute crochet projects that I will have to post pictures of later. A while back at enrichment a lady had buckets that she had decorated to put treats in to pass out at Christmas. From that moment on I was obsessed with the idea. The buckets she used were from Porter's and super expensive which bummed me out until I realized I could use the empty baby formula cans we have. Here's what I ended up with. I wish the lids weren't orange but sometimes you just have to deal with it I guess.

Barry and I finally finished the Hunger Games Trilogy. We both agree that the first book was definitely the best! It was fun to be able to enjoy reading together though. I will have to admit near the end Barry was way more into the book than I was. It's sad how fast I die out at nights now. Once it gets past 10:30 I am done for.
Warren now has two of his bottom front teeth in. It's so super cute to see him smile now. He's also started to learn how to stand without any support. He kind of teeter totters balancing from his heals to his toes. It's so fun to see him learn new things! He is still army crawling. I wonder if he will ever really get the hang of crawling?


We actually found something that he won't eat. I never thought that would happen. He usually eats anything you put in his mouth. But we bought some canned baby food beef for him. He made the funniest face and started spitting it out. But I really don't blame him. It
smelled and
looked disgusting. He's also started falling to the side of his high chair while he's eating. It's so weird!

I still can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner! We are going to St. George this year to be with my side of the family. I'm not necessarily looking forward to the 8 hour drive, but I am excited to be in warmer weather and, of course, I am so excited to spend time with my family! As there is a 100% chance that none of you will receive a Christmas letter in the mail from us I decided that I would take the time to wish you
Merry Christmas here. I hope the weather stays nice for all of you who are traveling. Enjoy the time with your families or friends or maybe it's just your dog or cat. And don't forget to remember the real reason for the season.
Love,
The Christensen's

Those cans you made look great! Even with the orange lids ;). And I really enjoy the updates on Warren. Him and Mason are growing up fast!
ReplyDelete