Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finally Summer

I think summer has actually arrived! It makes me so happy!
It's been so long, so here's what we've been up to in the past few months.

Mother's Day was great! Barry definitely spoiled me. I got new
running shoes which I desperately needed, Dance Central (game for the kinect), and beautiful flowers!

Warren got crazy sick in May. It was awful! It started out as a cold but just progressively got worse and worse. He was put on breathing treatments to clear out his lungs. He absolutely hated them! It was a battle every time to keep him down. We are all glad he is better and we don't have to do those anymore!



We planted our first garden! We decided to just go small this year, since we really had no idea what we we're doing and didn't want to set up all new garden
beds. We just planted a few in front in our flower
beds. I was hesitant about it, but Barry convinced me it would be a good idea. We have 2 tomato plants (from my sister-n-law), 1 strawberry
plant, 1 cucumber, 1 green b
ell pepper, 1 zuchinni, and 1 s
quash.
We already have a red strawberry!!! (this pic is a little outdated) I'm so excited to pick and eat it! I didn't anticipate how much I would love to watch
all the plants grow. It's been so much fun. And it works out so well that Warren
loves to play outside while I weed and water the plants.


Barry has been enjoying dirt-biking season. Sadly he missed a big trip with his dad and brothers in Utah, but he has been able to take a few trips here and there since then. He bought this little bike 'for' Warren a few days after he was born because it was 'such a great deal'. (I've heard that phrase a few times). It still needs fixing up, but we are all hopeful that we'll actually be able to ride this bike one day.


I got my master's degree (well not the kind you might
think)! Our relief society did a fun program this past year called Relief Society University. You could earn a bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree depending on how many goals you completed in several areas. It was such a great thing for
me, because it kind of forced me to keep working towards certain goals.

One of my personal goals was to run a 5k. I've always wanted to run a marathon, but that goal kind of dwindled away after I had the baby. So I thought I would start out small and maybe one day in the distant future I will get that fire back in me to run one.
I absolutely loved getting back into shape to train for the race. I was pretty nervous the whole week before, but it was a lot of fun! I'm so glad I did it, and I hope to do a couple more before the end of the summer. Hopefully I can stay motivated.
This is an apron that I started back in January, and I just finished it. Sewing is just something I don't think i will ever be good at. This was my first official sewing project. I found this pattern at wal-mart that came with a little package of fabric. I'm not sure how people love to sew. It was definitely not something I would do to relax by any means. But I finished it! You will never see the back nor will I ever let you see it up close.

As I mentioned before Warren loves being outside! He doesn't like the grass, but loves playing on the driveway. He could entertain himself for hours with these rocks around our mailbox.


We took our first trip to the splash park in Rexburg today with my brother's family. I loved it, but Warren was a little unsure. He finally seemed to let his guard down once Maggie showed him the ropes.

Barry is still working at Qwest which has now become CenturyLink. Things are going fairly well. We love to have him home on the weekends now! And the insurance benefits are awesome. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he is pretty good at what he does. He's taking an online class this summer, and we hope to have him back in school full-time in the fall. I'm so glad to have a husband that works so hard to provide for his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment