Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All in one

Once again I have fallen behind on updating the blog, so here is my attempt to catch up.....
---long blog post warning

Halloween
My mom was up here the week before Halloween, so we thought it would be fun to take Warren to a pumpkin patch while she was here. Of course it was a cold/windy day and Warren was pretty grumpy. But we managed to catch a few smiles. They have a cute little train that we rode on and a straw maze we fumbled our way through.











While we were riding the train I saw the perfect little pumpkin for Warren. He actually loved it, and played with it until we finally had to throw it out after Thanksgiving. It had a stem that was just the perfect size for his hand to get a good grip on.


On Halloween I debated all day whether or not I was going to take him trick-or-treating. We had the cutest lion costume that my sister-in-law had made that I wanted to show off. Once the time came I finally decided why the heck not. We bundled up and went to a few houses in our neighborhood. Warren actually had a lot of fun. Of course he didn’t say, ‘trick-or-treat’ but he would ‘knock’ on the doors and LOVED the candy! It was good we only went to a few houses because he didn’t ever want to put the candy in his bag. He would keep a firm grip on it, and wanted to eat it immediately. That’s my Warren!




I didn’t get any really awesome pictures of him in his costume…it was so hard to get him to stay in one place!




The morning my mom was leaving my aunt called with some unexpected news. My grandma had passed away the night previous. She was definitely on the downhill, but we were not expecting her to die this soon. Her funeral was held in Salt Lake on Oct. 29th. It was so nice, because Barry was able to get off work to drive down with me. It was a quick trip…we drove down Friday night and drove back Saturday early evening. But it was worth it to be there with all the family. Most of my cousins were also able to be there, and we enjoyed spending time with them. Here’s a picture my mom took of most of the family that was there. I will miss my grandma greatly.



Thanksgiving
My mom was so kind to come back up to Idaho for Thanksgiving. There was no way that we were going to make it to Las Vegas (which is where we would normally go) with Barry’s work and school schedule. We had a small gathering at our house. Barry’s parents and his grandma also came to dinner. I never knew how much work it was to put on a Thanksgiving dinner. Barry cooked the turkey. He was pretty excited to use this electric cutting knife we got for our wedding that we had never used. Amazingly everything turned out and tasted great! We survived hosting our first Thanksgiving dinner.

That night I participated in my first black Friday shopping experience. Barry had been going crazy looking up black Friday deals all week, and there were some items he had to have that were going to be on sale Thursday night. (Although these items will have to remain anonymous until after Christmas.) I couldn’t believe how crazy it got!!! Seriously wall-to-wall people. I thought we weren’t ever going to get out of that store. But after it was all over I’m actually glad I was able to experience that at least once in my life.

Since my mom was up here anyway we were able to get a few family pictures done. Here’s a few:






I love this one of Warren

I was sad to see my mom leave, since we probably won’t see her again until the baby is born. I always enjoy the time I get to spend with her.



Christmas
We put up our little Christmas tree the beginning of December. We also started the tradition last year of getting new ‘warm, fuzzy’ socks at Christmastime, so we opened those at the same time. It’s so funny how much Barry loves those socks!


Last weekend I decided that I really wanted to put up some Christmas lights. Barry didn’t have the time (was his excuse), so I just put some up around our front porch.  It is far from professional looking, but Warren loves them! I am so glad I put them up, because it’s so fun to have them on at night and have the house lit up when you are driving home.

We’ll be spending Christmas with the Christensen’s this year. It will be nice not to travel! I hope everyone enjoys the season, and takes the time to remember the importance of the Savior in your lives! I know my life has been personally blessed by His teachings and example. Merry Christmas

Love,
The Christensen’s

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your up dates. Hearing how everything is going.
    Warren is so cute in his Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete