Monday, May 14, 2012

And then there was 4

It's been so long I don't even know where to pick up at...

Ezra Robert Christensen was born on April 22, 2012.  We had been joking all week that the baby was going to be born on my birthday, but I really never thought it would actually happen.  I guess he proved me wrong!  

I had been having contractions all day on Saturday.  We went out to dinner with Barry's brother and his family.  It was actually perfect, because they so graciously offered to take Warren home with them just in case we needed to go to the hospital that night.  After they left I anxiously decided we should get to the hospital.  After about 30 minutes they told us to go home.  I was so bummed.  But it seemed like as soon as we got home my contractions started to get really strong and painful.  We didn't want to go back too soon, so we waited until I was just dying and couldn't stand it anymore.

This time I was dilated enough and my contractions were close enough together that they let me stay.  My water hadn't broken, so the nurse had us walk around the hospital to help move that along.  It was excrutiatingly painful!  Poor Barry was a trooper through all my emotional breakdowns.  I was so relieved when I was able to get my epidural!!!
About 6 in the morning the doctor came to break my water.  By the time I was ready to start pushing I was so drowsy.  I kept telling Barry that I didn't think I could wake up enough to push this baby out.  The nurse came in told me to do a little practice push.  It seemed like immediately after that I started throwing up all over.  (This also happened with Warren)  I had vomit all over!  I remember while they were cleaning me up I said I think I feel the baby pushing.  The nurse looked down and there was the baby's head!  The nurse ended up delivering the baby right as the doctor walked in the door.  It was so crazy:  I never even pushed.  He was born about 10:30 am and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and 18 in long.  And just perfect!






 It's crazy how fast you forget how tired you get with a newborn around.  The past could of weeks have been an adjustment for everyone.  I feel like a zombie most days, and I know Barry is just as exhausted.  He has to be out of the house by 6 am to get to work everyday.  I don't know how he manages to do it.  And Warren is adjusting to not having mom and dad's full attention.
He mostly ignores the baby until the baby peeps, moves a little in his sleep, or starts crying.  Then he will yell, "Baby!  Noise!"  It's a good thing Ezra is a pretty sound sleeper otherwise I don't know if he would ever get any sleep with Warren around. Here's some pics my mom took while she was here. 








Here's a pic of my boys!

But all in all we love having Ezra here! He is opposite of Warren in looks in almost every way.  He has tons of spikey hair, skinny little legs, a small head, a more pronounced nose, and thin face.  Ezra definitely looks more like his dad.  It will be fun to see how this little one develops!  
More to post... just need more time.   

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading the birth story. And I love all the pictures! I hope we can meet little Ezra soon!

    ReplyDelete