Monday, February 4, 2013

still alive and kickin

Just a quick update:

Ezra is now 9 months old!  I can't believe it's already been 9 months.  He is a busy little bee... into anything he can get his hands on.  It's almost impossible to change his diaper.  He won't stay on his back longer than a mil-a-second.  He loves to pull everything off the shelves, put everything in his mouth (it's like having a dog around cleaning up all the floors), and climbing up the stairs!  I caught him about a month ago starting to go up...and then he made it up like some 15 odd stairs all by himself on his first try.  We never had to worry about stairs with Warren, but if your back is turned for a minute Ezra is headed up them again.  We really need to get a baby gate!

Warren and Ezra have their on and off moments.  One moment they are laughing and playing and the next crying.  Ezra wants to play with everything warren has and Warren will take everything Ezra picks up to play with.  It makes for a very long day.  But in all actuality I have to admit Warren has been pretty helpful with Ezra.  He watches out for things Ezra puts in his mouth, occasionally gets him toys to play with, and plays with him in the car.  It's fun to see their friendship developing!

They love doing this!  Sorry it's blurry, but they just won't stand still..


Warren is now 'potty-trained'.  He does still wear a diaper at night...but does well without one for his nap.  It has been a long journey...that I'm sure is not over.  We have been working on and off since May/June.  He started have UTI's which halted the whole process.  We actually found out that he is going to need surgery.  He has been diagnosed with vesicoureteral reflux.  Basically some fluid is traveling back up from the bladder to kidneys.  not good.  The doctor has prescribed a daily antibiotic until his surgery which is scheduled for April.  We are pretty nervous, but we know this will be the best thing for him in the long run.

Barry and I are in the nursery at church now.  When we first moved here there were 4 nurseries, but I think since the new year we are down to 3.  They bumped us up to the older nursery.  We have on average about 9 kiddos at a time.  I don't know if I can say I feel rejuvenated after church, but it's been good for us.  There are good days and bad.  ;-)

The call center is doing well.  They moved buildings last weekend.  I think he said it was about 6,000 sq ft.  It's really nice, and we are excited to see it grow.
     
Here are some pictures of them playing in the snow last week.





5 comments:

  1. Steve's sister and neice had to have that surgery. It has come a very long way. His neice was very young as well but not problem since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They put Jared and I in the nursery here too, though Jared then got called into Elders quorum. It is true that there are good things and bad-- it is nice that I don't have to amuse/corral Asher in Sunday School, but it can get tiring, especially when you have been running around after little ones all week!

    Did you go down to spend time with your mom yet? I was happy to see you posted again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a big upside to being in nursery...ezra just gets to play the whole time! we did go see my mom for christmas and again a few weeks ago. hopefully we will be making more trips soon! I heard your parents made it to Texas! I hope they are doing well.

      Delete
  3. We are doing great, Sam. It looks like your boys will be good friends. And don't worry about the surgery (though we all worry, don't we?). How long will Warren be in the hospital? I know they aren't kept very long anymore, so ask every question you can before you leave. Has the doctor given you any books or activities to prepare Warren? If not, there should be a few books at the library about going to the hospital; take a look and talk to him about it so he will feel more comfortable there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Caryn! If I remember right they told us he would probably be there for 2 nights. We actually just got a note in the mail about pre-surgery classes they offer for kids even toddler age: We are definitely going to look more into them. I never heard...did your shoes fit? :)

      Delete