In case some of you have thought..."hmm...i think i missed something." Here is that missing chapter to the Christensen's life.
The end of July Barry decided to quit his job at O'Reilly. He was really hating his job there. Then my brother actually notified us of a job opportunity with a company that he's been working with: an opening in Provo to manage a call center. Barry was thrilled at the chance to move to Utah to be closer to all of his brothers.
Everything happened so fast...he accepted the job the day we left on our week long Alaskan cruise and actually started his new job in Provo that next Monday. Meanwhile I was back in Idaho still a little dumbstruck about what just happened. You've heard of culture shock well I came back home from a relaxing, kid-free cruise to minor chaos...i called it 'reality shock'.
Nevertheless I got the house up for rent and packed up. And me being me...was getting more stressed by the day. I really wanted to get out of our house fast, so we could get it rented before the school semester started. I figured this would be the best time for us to be able to find renters: I did not want it to sit vacant for months...and I did not want to live in Idaho by myself for months either. But then the other problem was finding a place in Utah. It was a little tricky with Barry unable to contact people during the day...but on my end I wasn't able to go look at any of the places. On pure faith we had rented a moving van for a Saturday (2 weeks after barry started) and just hoped we had a place by then. And it all turned out! We found a cute little townhouse to rent in Springville.
It's definitely not the same as having a home with a garage and a yard...but I can't complain too much. We have more space inside and air conditioning (always a plus). And in case you were wondering we did find renters (thank goodness). We have been very blessed!!
things I haven't blogged about but hope to soon...
cruise highlights
summer pics
small kitchen remodel
wow is it too late to blog about warren's birthday? lol
It's never to late to talk about birthdays
ReplyDeleteyour cruise looked way fun! we miss you up here, but we are way excited to hang out with you next time we head down that way!!
ReplyDelete